John Eckhardt Ministries

The Salt Covenant

THE SALT COVENANT

The Salt Covenant is rich in spiritual symbolism, and so important that for those who can see, it is visually demonstrated by the salting of the Temple sacrifices, which was to perpetually remind the faithful of their solemn Covenant responsibility to the LORD (Num.18:19). The LORD instructed the Israelites that every sacrifice, including grain offerings, was to be seasoned with salt as a sign of their Covenant with HIM (Lev. 2:13, Ezek. 43:23-24). Even the Holy ingredients used for the incense offering were to have salt added. “You shall make of these an incense, a compound according to the art of the perfumer, salted, pure and holy” (Ex. 30:34-35).

Salt represents purity, fidelity, and loyalty. Salt in the covenant meant that God’s people were to be pure and incorruptible in there covenant relationship with the LORD.

Post to Twitter

Comments

8 Responses to “The Salt Covenant”

1. Teresa H. Wallace on February 13th, 2013 4:58 pm

I sent a prayer request Tuesday. Did you receive it and how will I get a response to the prayer request?

2. JOHN PETERS on February 23rd, 2013 12:29 am

Salt has been used to preserve meat, and it works by extraction of the water from the meat thus denying the bacteria from an important material for their growth, the saline environment is also not conducive for bacterial growth. Two significant concepts, extraction and environment. Our presence ought to extract things that cause death and destruction and create an environment where sin, confusion and destruction cannot occur. You have to be the salt in your home, salt in your workplace, salt in your community. We must influence what happens in our environment, if we are salt. If you cannot influence what is happening around you, then you are useles and should be thrown way, you have lost your flavor.

3. Stephen on March 4th, 2013 5:11 pm

John

Hope all is well. We publish HC Trumbull’s called The Salt Covenant. Let me know if you have read this or if you need a copy. Blessings!

Stephen
    Impact Christian Books

4. Organic Chia Seed on May 25th, 2013 3:23 pm

I am so glad you talked about chia seeds. I hadn’t heard of these till I was going by means of a rough time final spring right after determining to go off a strong anti-depressant cold turkey. I’d by no means try this once more but was left with abdomen issues
    and anxiousness.

Have a look at my page; Organic Chia Seed

5. p2pfoundation.Net on May 30th, 2013 1:32 pm

I appreciate, result in I found just what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

6. Dicee on May 30th, 2013 1:59 pm

I love what John Peters said:
    “Salt has been used to preserve meat, and it works by extraction of the water from the meat thus denying the bacteria from an important material for their growth, the saline environment is also not conducive for bacterial growth”
    I feel our covenant responsibility is the tithe and offerings as well as many other things. I remind the Lord when sickness tries to come upon me that I am a tither and that He promised to rebuke the destroyer for my sake. So the “tithe” preseves us and as stated above is the salt that DENYING THE BACTERIA” and “PRESERVE MEAT”!!! The salt in our bodies that denies the bacteria from further propering.

7. S y g h a n a Wi m b e r li on September 10th, 2013 8:29 pm

The Salt Covenant-Sobering teaching. Thanks Apostle John.

8. ELDER: ROY L. SUELL on September 19th, 2013 12:50 pm

FRIST I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYSELF,I’M A MINISTER AND IAM FROM CHICAGO,ILL.BEEN LIVING IN LOS ANGELES,CA. NOW FOR 32 YEARS,ALL OF MY FAMILY STILL LIVE IN CHICAGO,AND WHEN I SAW APOSTLE JOHN ECKHARDT ON PASTOR BENNY HINN SHOW,I SAID TO MYSELF AND TOO MY FRIENDS I NEVER HEARD A
    MINISTER SPEAK LIKE HIM, I JUST LOVE HIS TEACHING, I TAPE THE SHOW WHEN HE WAS ON PASTOR BENNY HINN I LISTEN TO IT EVERY DAY IT JUST DOES SOMETHING TO MY SPIRIT,THANK GOD FOR A REAL MAN OF GOD HE JUST DO MY SOUL WELL,I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING,WHEN HE PRAYED ON BENNY HINN SHOW I GOT UP AND PRAYED THE PRAY WITH HIM,MAY GOD BLESS EVERY ONE OF YOU AND PLEASE!!!! KEEP ME IN YOU ALL PRAYERS AT ALL TIMES.
    ELDER: ROY L. SUELL

Feel free to leave a comment...