John Eckhardt Ministries

The Mystery of the Night/ Midnight

I have always been a night person. I pray and study at night. Understanding the mystery of the night can cause you to see great breakthroughs in your spiritual life.

THe night has been established by covenant:

Jeremiah 33:20
Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

GREAT BREAKTHROUGHS CAN OCCUR WHEN WE PRAISE AND PRAY AT NIGHT. MIDNIGHT is a time when God does supernatural things:

Psalm 119:62: “At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.”

Acts 16:25: “And at MIDNIGHT Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.” You can provoke God with fearful praises at midnight like David and Paul. It is a time of release from every spiritual prison, when you utilize the mystery of midnight prayers, it would initiate the earthquake of deliverance that would set you free.

Exodus 11:4:“And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About MIDNIGHT will I go out into the midst of Egypt:”

God’s deliverance of Israel began at midnight:

Exodus 12:29: “And it came to pass, that at MIDNIGHT the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.”

Destroy the gate of the enemy at midnight:

Judges 16:3: “And Samson lay till MIDNIGHT, and arose at MIDNIGHT, and took the doors of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and went away with them, bar and all, and put them upon his shoulders, and carried them up to the top of an hill that is before Hebron.”

Ruth was found by Boaz (bridegroom) at midnight:

Ruth 3:8: “And it came to pass at MIDNIGHT, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet.”

Matthew 25:6: “And at MIDNIGHT there was a cry made, Behold, the BRIDEGROOM cometh; go ye out to meet him.”

Midnight is a time to ask:

Luke 11:5: “And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at MIDNIGHT, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;”

Catch the thief at midnight:

1 Kings 3:20: “And she arose at MIDNIGHT, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom”

The midnight talks of darkness; absence of light and presence of blindness. It is for rest and unsuitable for labour. It is favourable to the purposes of wickedness, Wild beast seek they prey at night. Shepherds watch over their sheep at night. The midnight is a period of severe calamities. Darkness has binding powers, it limits activities. It has separating powers. That is when all that is evil and unworthy of light is let loose. (Olukoya)

The enemy does not own the night, the night belongs to God:

Psalm 74:16
The day is thine, the NIGHT also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun.

Jesus prayed at night:

Mark 1:35
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

God can instruct us at night:

Psalm 16:7
I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

God can visit us at night:

Psalm 17:3
Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

We can meditate on God at night:

Psalm 63:6
When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the NIGHT watches.

The night is a great time to meditate in the Word:

Psalm 119:148
Mine eyes prevent the NIGHT watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

It is good to desire God in the night:

Isaiah 26:9
With my soul have I desired thee in the NIGHT; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Nehemiah viewed the broken walls of the city at night. We can see tyne desolations at night:

Neh.2:15
Then went I up in the night by the brook, and viewed the wall, and turned back, and entered by the gate of the valley, and so returned.

The Lord appeared to Solomon at night:

2 Chronicles 7:12
And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.

Nicodemus sought Jesus at night:

John 7:50
Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)

Angels of deliverance can come at night:

Acts 5:19
But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

Acts 27:23
For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,

DESTROYING THE WORKS OF DARKNESS

For the king of Syria to arrest Elisha in 2 Kings 6:13-14, he came in the night. For the kingdom of darkness, night time is conference time. It is when the enemies meet to deliver their reports, re-strategize and take decisions concerning the fate of many-including Christians. It is also when they renew covenants, curses and sacrifices. It is the time they supervise the burdens, punishment and yokes already placed on their victims.

But more importantly, it is the time they alter the destiny of many. Every night activity of the satanic kingdom against you this season will come to nothing in Jesus’ name. Believers must be active participants in the spiritual realm. Praying for one hour at night has great effects on the operations of the dark kingdom, much more all night prayer. Reduce your sleep! As they meet to determine your fate, you go on your kneel and determine theirs, scatter their meeting and strip them powerless. (Pasor E. Adeboye)

The witching hour is a the time of day when supernatural creatures such as witches, demons and ghosts are thought to appear and be at their most powerful, and black magic at its most effective. This hour is typically past midnight or the “time in the middle of the night when magic things are said to happen.

Post to Twitter

Comments

17 Responses to “The Mystery of the Night/ Midnight”

1. alvina on February 22nd, 2012 9:10 am

I’m a night person TOO.I love 2 do my spending time w/the LORD especially in the midnight hr.Your books have helped me a great deal,in my walk w/the LORD.

2. john on February 22nd, 2012 10:09 am

Rev., ythis midnight teaching is really making a whole lot of sense to me as a christian and a lay pastor.
    The church should devote time teaching the body on this things .
    The church has been sleepoing far too long and has given the devil effontry to
    mess the magnificent destinies of believers up.

God bless you for this maifold wisdom and truth.

3. Ava Rideaux on February 22nd, 2012 5:50 pm

God bless you Apostle,

Thank you so much, for sharing this wealth of knowledge. For, years now my prayer time has been 2:00 am. This, has open my eyes to Why!.

4. Iris on February 22nd, 2012 8:42 pm

This is a timely word to the body. He who has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying.

5. Marshia Hobson on February 22nd, 2012 9:50 pm

I am a night person too Apostle. This message answers some of my questions of what the night owl gets. Thanks for studying in the night about the night and sharing your revelations.

6. Alex on February 23rd, 2012 4:20 pm

Thank you for this information Apostle. I am going to establish my prayer time during the Midnight hours to wage effective warfare and receive all the benefits you mentioned.

7. Emma on February 27th, 2012 8:26 pm

Praise the Lord Apostle: I enjoyed reading your information. I’m going to establish my prayer time at midnight regularly. I pray sometime at midnight. I pray everyday mostly in the morning. I need your prayers. I am in a terrible bind in my finances. I pay my tithes before paying my bills. It seem like things gets harder when I pay my tithes. Is this right? I have been going through over six months now. I know God is able to break that curse on my finances. Satan is a liar. Please help me to pray for a financial breakthrough. My the first of March, I’m praying that my money will come through from my job. If not, I will lose my home again! I know God is able to see me through. I would love to come to one of your crusades. I’m from GA.

8. Patsy on March 2nd, 2012 2:14 am

Thank you for your teachings. I have learned so much from you, especially on the topic of demons and how we have the victory over them. I try to talk to my family and friends about these revelations, however, I hit a brick wall, I pray with Emma for a financial miracle.

9. Jammie on March 3rd, 2012 3:26 am

Thank you for your help. I trust God has lead me to you. Out of hundreds of thousands of books, I just purchased three copies of Prayers That Rout Demons: Prayers for defeating demons and overthrowing the powers of darkness – one copy for myself and a copy for both of my sisters.

I pray to my Heavenly Father and I pray to my Savior, Jesus every night and day. I stick close to them but often find myself slipping up. Nothing major but nonetheless, things that I know I could change for the better. I promise you it’s like I have no control over some of my actions – like I’m watching from the outside or something. Add to that, I (along with my sisters) the continual attacks from what seems like everywhere – blindsided is more like it. And I’m tired of it. I’m sick of it and if your book (and all the reviews I read) are true, then it sounds like we’re on our way to true victory! I believe, Pastor, I believe! And if you read this post, I sure hope you will, I have one thing to ask: please pray for me and my family. Tonight I am praying for a lot of things, but I’m adding you, your family, and your ministry to my prayers. I ask my Heavenly Father to bless you at this very moment.

10. Yolanda Davis on March 6th, 2012 8:04 pm

God bless you richly, Apostle! This teaching is so very awesome! And it has been released to me at such a strategic time in my life. God’s love and wisdom is truly unspeakable! When you began to teach on Midnight prayers about two Tuesday’s ago in service it blessed me so much. From that time to present the Lord has placed a tremendous responsibility in my hands, all led and guided by His Holy Spirit. Once receiving this assigment I said that I would use the first hour of prayer for this assignment from 12 midnight until 1am. (My usual prayer time is from 1 to 3am each morning.) Reading this teaching today has POWERFULLY enlightened me on just how critical this decision was to separate prayer time for this particular assignment between 12 and 1am! God’s continued blessings on you, yours and all that you put your hands to!

11. Ce Ce on April 2nd, 2012 6:10 am

I been a member of Crusaders for over 20 years now and the african church been taught me this info, that praying in the night and commanding the day according Psalms 19.5 between the hours of 3-6am, but entering the gates of the next day or month is just as important as praying in the night, there’s a lot more about prayer we haven’t even touched even as a church yet although I’m sure God will release the revelation. Praise God

12. Annie on August 26th, 2012 2:17 am

Revelation that the Holy Spirit flows through Apostle is always encouraging and strengthens me in prayer. Thank you.

13. Kachi on October 24th, 2012 5:17 am

Thank you sir for this teachings. I can understand clearly now… And in the name of Jesus the enemy will not sow tares in my business again. It is my prayers at midnight that broke every limitations in my family circle to moved me up and I also have to be in it to remain up. With this I will always leave a life of victory.

14. PATRICIA on January 11th, 2013 7:13 am

TQ APOSTLE 4 UR GREAT TEACHING. GBU N UR MINISTRY AMEN

15. Martin wakibe on February 25th, 2013 11:39 am

Am glad to learn how effective midnight prayers can be.God bless u.

16. Charles oshiomah on March 4th, 2013 12:04 am

I really thank the good Lord almighty for the marvellous work he has been doing through you his faithful servant,. My present situation calls for serious divine intervention, it has much to do with occultic manipulation and it runs in the family,there is this lukewarm attitude to the true worship of God and prayer in our home is more of a willing spirit and weak flesh thing. I need all the prayer i can get. Thank you.

17. sirisha on February 14th, 2014 8:26 pm

from this onwards i will do mid night prayers…

Feel free to leave a comment...