John Eckhardt Ministries

Different Kinds of Prophetic Utterance

DIFFERENT KINDS OF PROPHETIC WORDS

There are different kinds of prophetic words for different situations. The prophetic word can deal with past, present, and future. The prophetic word is able to deal with all the issues that we face in life. God has many thoughts toward us, and if we were to speak them, they cannot be numbered (Psa. 40:5) God’s word is a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our path (Psa.119:105)

1. Now- addresses issues that are currently happening in a person’s life. This gives understanding on what a person is dealing with and helps eliminate confusion. I also call this a word in season (Isa.50:

2. Confirmation- establishes and strengthens, builds faith and removes doubt, an example is “ you are on the right track.”

3. Future- speaks to next phase or stage in you life. May map out directions or areas of preparation needed for future tasks. This can include instruction on what to do. God’s words lighten our paths, so we know where to go.

4. Past- these are words that deal with past issues, often bringing understanding and resolving things from the past. These words help launch us into our future. There are many people chained to the past, and they need to be released. Joseph understood his past was necessary for his purpose to his people.

5. New- a new word is something completely new. It may often surprise the recipient. It is usually something they were not thinking or planning. (1 Cor.2:9-10)

6. Warning- these words warn of dangers that may be ahead, and what to avoid.

7. Deliverance- these words deliver people from things such as hurt, rejection, fear, sickness and release healing and restoration to the recipient. (Psa.107:20)

8. Revelation- these words give us insight and revelation into the plans and purpose of God for our lives. (Deut.29:29)

9. Identification- these words identify and help people understand and know who they are and what God created them to be. (Jud.6:12)

10. Correction- these words correct us and cause us to make the necessary adjustments in our lives. (Prov.3:11)

11. Commendation- God commends us when we are doing what is right . Each church in the Revelation was commended and then corrected.

12. Exposure- these words expose and identify the works of sin and darkness. (Heb.4:13)

13. Conditional- these words are conditional on your obedience, an example “if you will pray and seek my face, then I will move you into a new level of breakthrough and blessing.”

14. Impartation- God uses these words, often accompanied with the laying on of hands, to impart gifts into our lives (1 Tim.4:14)

These words can be spoken over individuals and congregations. We must be open and allow God to speak to us in these different ways. Each way will bring great blessing to the church.

Post to Twitter

Comments

7 Responses to “Different Kinds of Prophetic Utterance”

1. Iris on February 16th, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for your wisdom and teaching to bring clarity and understanding in this time and season

2. Alex on February 23rd, 2012 4:28 pm

This is very informative. Thank You.

3. candiece on March 2nd, 2012 8:10 am

I admire your obedience that has lead to such a great level of annointing in your ministry, however, I do have a question. Do you believe that any believer can operate in the prophetic? And more specifically, what is the difference between a prophet and someone who is operating in the prophetic?

4. admin on March 7th, 2012 6:51 am

Every believer can operate to some degree in the prophetic. Every believer is not however a prophet. Prophets operate in a stronger anointing in the prophetic. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is the doorway to the prophetic. I teach on this in my book GOD STILL SPEAKS

5. Jane Belford on October 12th, 2012 8:27 am

God bless you deeply. The Lord has been doing remarkable work in me since the beginning of the year, and at a rapid rate. He guided me to read your books as his path for me involves spiritual warfare, deliverance and the healing ministry specifically towards the Lords children being healed so that He can pour His Holy Spirit into and through His churches. He’s also told me to prepare for the impossible. He has sent me to a specific church and I’m not clear why just yet but my faith is fully in him.
    The words you write above have given me clear understanding of how the Lord has been leading me instead of me not being sure and I thank you for that. Everything that I have so far read from you is surrounded with the Holy Spirit at a deep level. I can feel it in each page I read. I pray that the Lord pours his Holy Spirit even more so on you and I thank Him for the precious gifts he has given you and the strength to do his will.

Love in Christ

Jane Belford

6. Deborah Mott on October 12th, 2012 10:29 pm

For many years God has been speaking, and manifesting himself to me supernaturally. The encounters of God’s Glory revealed practically paralyze my prayer life, because of the many Revelations and Confirmations.

Your book “GOD STILL SPEAKS” was given to me by a pastor I had never met before… which was truly inspired of God. During my lifetime, ministers avoid, dismiss, and mislead my questioniong of the supernatural occurrences (out of body; flight into heaven/paradise; rapture experienced; seeing angels; WORD in due season confirmation given to others; etc)

“GOD STILL SPEAKS” has strengthen my Spirit profoundly. All Glory to God, and thank you immensely.

In the interim, WHAT DOES ONE DO WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE, inside a church that says “we will discuss you call to ministry in a few years?”

7. Ervica Timot on October 18th, 2012 4:15 am

Apostle Eckhardt,

May God continue to bless you. The above writing has certainly emphasized a very important move and clarity into the prophetic. Oftentimes, prophecy can lay dormant because we lack understanding into what God wants us to do after we get a prophetic word. Maybe that can be the next book? What next after your prophetic word?

This was on point releasing us into our point of access, like a compass, allowing us to discern our word and to identify the season we are walking in.. Praying for your strength and continued revelation in the word of God.

Blessings…
    Ervica “Godsgirl Timot.

Feel free to leave a comment...